On behalf of the Cruit Island GC Committee, we are delighted to welcome you all back
to our Links from Monday, 26th of April. We are very fortunate that golf has been
allowed to be one the first sports to return, to some degree of normality. We would also
like to place on record our thanks to our dedicated Greenkeeper, Brian McMonagle, for
carrying out the permitted essential maintenance during the period of closure – this has
allowed us to return to our course, in good condition.
Paramount in our thoughts now, is allowing you, our members, to enjoy your round of
golf in a safe environment. This practical guide has been prepared to inform everyone
of how golf at Cruit Island GC will operate, during re-opening.
The measures are, we believe, robust and will be monitored in the coming weeks. For
you, the golfers, the guide covers each step of the journey from your home, to the tee
box and back home again. These measures are in place from 26th April, and are under
constant review and refinement and will be updated as the need arises..
We ask for your complete co-operation with the measures listed, as no doubt, golf as a
sport, will yet again come under extreme scrutiny in the coming weeks by the wider
public. We hope that through our adherence to these protocols, we will work
successfully toward the gradual full lifting of the restrictions, and work towards a full
return to normal operations in due course.
Course Access :
● Cruit Island GC, will be open to Members Only, and our Clubhouse will only
open on Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday.
● All Bookings will be facilitated through the BRSGolf. Under no circumstances
should you arrive at the course, without booking in advance
● Play will initially be for 2-Balls, with 8-Minute Intervals.
● Members should not visit the Golf Club, if doing so, puts them in contravention
of Government Restrictions.
As our Membership Fee Due Date, fell during the period of our Clubhouse Closure, due
to COVID-19 Restrictions, we are asking all those who have not yet paid their 2021
Membership Fees, to please do so, before the deadline on Sunday 9th May.
We ask those who have not yet paid, to please contact Donal Boyle, Johndy Boyle or any
Committee Member, and then, can then arrange to take payment for your 2021
Membership Fees. Our 2021 Membership Fees remain same, and wish to advise
payment will be expected in full.
Membership of Cruit Island GC has never been as important, as we begin to re-start our
club following this unprecedented closure, and we kindly encourage all of our members
to support our club at this time.
RULES FOR GOLFERS FOR RE-OPENING (26th April)
To ensure that the game is played safely, golfers must observe the following rules:
In advance of play :
● If you are ill or have symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home.
● Schedule your tee-time in advance, via BRSGolf. Under no circumstances
should you arrive at the course without booking in advance. (Instructions Below)
● Ensure that your group size is no greater than 2 golfers, per group.
● Aim to arrive at the club, no more than 15 minutes prior to play.
● Travel to the golf course on your own, or with members of your own
● Park your car in such a way, as to facilitate Social Distancing.
● Observe Social Distancing Rules at all times following your arrival at the club.
● Change your shoes in the Car Park.
● Warm-up alone. Observe Social Distancing Rules on Practice Putting Green.
● Sign-In / Check-In in Clubhouse is to be completed on a ‘one in, one out’ basis.
On the course :
● Do not arrive at the 1st Tee, more than 5 minutes before your Tee Time, and
please resist the temptation to mingle prior to teeing off (or after golf).
● 6” Placing in All Bunkers. Please take due care while in the bunker, and
smooth the bunker after playing your shot.
● Do not touch the Flag or Flagstick.
● Use of Benches/Bins on the course is not permitted. Please take all waste home.
● Observe Social Distancing measures at all times, on the course.
● Golf Buggies are permitted, although, it is the responsibility of the player to
sanitize the buggy, before and after usage.
After your round :
● Avoid exchange of any Traditional Post-Round Pleasantries (Hand-Shake).
● Scorecards can be returned, via the PSi Terminal in the Clubhouse.
● Please return to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car
In addition, the following guidelines should be observed:
● Facial Masks should be worn at all times on your visit to Cruit Island GC.
● Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course & use regularly during the round.
Members must contact any committee member, with any post-round
Health Issues, General Enquiries or COVID-19 related queries.
Finally, we urge all members to have regard for the above protocols, and comply with
what is asked of them. As stated above, this statement will be forwarded to all
members, and updated if/when changes are made by Cruit Island Golf Club, the
Golfing Union of Ireland, or other Relevant Bodies.
Columba Bonner (President) Aidan O’Donnell (Captain) Marie McGonagle (Lady Captain)